Friday, September 9, 2016

Ogan Misake (Ugan Saki) Lighthouse, Ishigaki Island, Okinawa Prefecture Japan

Artist Diana Rudolf 

This painting began with the Jerry Yarnell video of The Light House offered by my neighbor, Arlene Knopik.  We have been enjoying the most fun watching the artist's videos and painting in her studio.  When I first began painting the ocean, the beautiful blues reminded me of the China Sea at Hedo Point in Okinawa when we were stationed there in the early eighties.  After adding the cliffs to the painting, I wasn't happy with them and so I began covering most of the cliffs with greenery.  Now the painting reminded me even more of Okinawa 
and so I painted the lighthouse to look like the Ugan Saki Lighthouse which is located at Ishigaki Island, Okinawa Prefecture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment